Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some of my motivations

Going to try to keep this short. Here are some things that have been motivating me lately. Thank you God for your wonderful grace to have these things in my life to remind me of who I am...always in You.

1. You Are For Me - Kari Jobe


Read this blog and you'll understand: Strength in our weaknesses.

2. Give Me Words to Speak album - Aaron Shust

Plain and simple: this album grounds me.

More info: This album always brings me into worship of the Father. Aaron Shust is so plain with his lyrics yet they go deep by showing the true awe and love for God. I'm a person that is big on worship music lyrics. Sometimes I get disgusted with how selfish some worship songs are (just a personal thing--usually I just need songs to work on me for some time lol). But honestly his songs talk about the self because of GOD and who GOD is. His lyrics are also soooo humble. Thank you Jesus for this music. Here is an example:

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Ssavior
That He would leave His place on High
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior...


and...

Everybody praise the Lord
Every nation applaud His name
For great is His love toward us
The faithfulness of the Lord endures
The faithfulness of the Lord endures forever
We stand to praise you Lord


and finally... lol trust me these lyrics are great...

King of all the universe
We love you and we come to you now
Asking for your healing touch
We need you in this very hour
Would you help us comprehend
What it means to worship you
Because we're blinded by our circumstance
Heal our eyes today
May we know your love
Feel it course through our veins
Encircling our hearts
And embracing our souls
We need your love and grace to remain
To rearrange our hearts
And change the way we praise


3. Airplanes - B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams and Eminem

Yeap, I admit it: I like it. Yes there are lyrics that consist of words, money/richness/fame being the sum of all things, etc. Which are obviously bogus. But honestly, what motivates me with this song is that BoB and Eminem never gave up despite all the odds against them. They just kept fighting, no excuses. Hearing these lyrics I can say yeah, they're egotistical rappers talking about how great they are now--but honestly I choose to see it as a positive thing and to tell myself: "Danielle, stop making excuses. Be who you are and use the gifts God gave you. Stop procrastinating and be who God wants you to be: me."

Another thing about this vid. It gives great advice: suffering is the key to success (the word success in my eyes is pretty diff from BoB and M&M tho lol). You can only do anything/be anything you want to only if you work your butt off and work your heart like crazy.

4. My parents

Sometimes I think they are my worst critics. But really, their criticisms push me to know what I really want. I've finally learned that if there is something that I truly want, I need to work my butt off and prove it to myself that I want it so much to the point where my parent's criticisms are wrong. Thanks for pushing me mom and dad (even though it sounds like youre yelling at me). Here it goes.

No comments: