Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jesus wrecked my life

I wrote this three years ago. It amazes me to read some of the things I wrote back then, honestly. It's easy to think that I'm some great writer. But the only reason I was ever able to write was because of Jesus. He gave the words to me.

Jesus Wrecked My Life
Sunday, Oct 28, 2007

It's true. I can't be comfortable with the things that used to be comfortable. The Holy Spirit tells me to change my attitude toward certain people. Most of all, I'm really not that great, nor am I more self righteous than the next person. Jesus wrecked my life. He created conflicts within my family. He made me change the standards. He told me that I look like the rest of America. It's time that we all need to change. It's time we all really let God wreck our lives, and to continue to wreck it. It sure aint easy folks!!! But dang, for some reason... while he is wrecking our lives, he is also making us more than conquerors.

Mere Images
Monday, Aug 6, 2007

For what we see now are only mere images
The larger canvas, the painting,
The mural is but only so far...
Lord... bring and allow in our thoughts
The desire for these feet to glide in front of one another
Over and over again
Until You are all we know
Filling and compelling our blood with your own
To the time your fingertips have stopped
Completing the finishing touches
Brushing over your canvas
What we cannot know or see
We know we love you
Til that seventh day rest Lord...
These will only be mere images
Oil upon oil, still only drying...

No comments: