Friday, September 17, 2010

Why....?

Do people abuse the power that they have? Husbands, teachers, men, older siblings, governors, pastors, senators, professors, etc???

Shouldn't they feel privileged and honored to have that type of authority? Shouldn't they treat their role with respect and the people they serve with respect? They should always always lead as an example, serve their people, and always have the best interest of their people in mind--not their own selfish ones. In the end if they don't serve the interests of their people they only end up hurting themselves anyway!!! But that's a whole nother topic.

It's a beautiful thing to submit and obey someone in authority and that loves and respects you in return. Someone that understands you are made in the beautiful image of God. But it hurts me so much and tears me apart to see/witness/or even experience the injustice of people in power abusing their privilege of power, lording their authority over others. It's disgusting and my soul mourns for all that experiences injustice. I need to pray that God softens my heart towards those people inflicting pain and injustice. May I see the log in my own eye.

____

My prayer:

Dear God-

Please wake us up Lord! Stop letting us hurt one another. We are broken and hurt. There are scales on our eyes and we cannot see. We sin against one another and tear each other down. We are not dealing with our pain and struggles within ourselves, and we are prideful people; we do not offer our brokenness to you, and we do not confess these sins to you. We are impatient with ourselves and one another--and we seek fulfillment in our idols. Please awaken us and bring forth a hunger that will never be quenched. Please. In the name of Jesus I pray,

Amen.

No comments: