Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update

Hello all. I hope you are all well. I'm doing pretty deece. :) Well, I'll try to keep it short. Please leave comments/message back I would love to hear from you!

Updates:

1. Got to talk to some people at NWC Breakout Chapel for my department and got to share a little about what I've been doing. It was so cool to "feel" connected with my profs, and with people in the department. :) I miss everyone. ;) I wonder if my sis, Paul, Matthew, and etc were there!!! Probably not. :\ You guys probably skipped out on that breakout chapel. Haha.

2. Anyway. This is what my Mon-Thurs days look like:
8 am - wake up, get ready
9:45 - make sure that lesson plan is set and turn on the AC in my classroom ;)
10 am - start class (English Level 2 -- there are 4 levels)
12 pm - class ends. have lunch. take a nap. go on the internet and update people. eat more. prepare and have the next lesson plan for my next level two class ready.
2:30 - walk to the van stop to be transported to the city of Lat Krabang
3 pm - van leaves
3:30 or 3:45 - van arrives to destination. walk to the english center.
4 pm - arrive at english center. continue preparing lesson plan. talk with the hosts. talk with my teaching partner. sleep.
5 pm - class starts (these are generally my highschool students. ;))
7 pm - class ends. walk back to location where van picks me up.
7:30 - van arrives, go back to Bangkok and apartment
8:15 - arrive @ destination. eat. prepare lessons. get ready for bed. talk with the team. journal. devotions. etc etc.
11 pm - lol i always try to aim for 10 pm for bed time but i always get in at 11.

3. WOW my schedule looks packed huh? In fact yes, it is. But the reward getting to know my students is very satisfying. For the first hour of class, we work on the grammar for sentences they write. The next hour includes pronunciation, Bible passage reading, practicing conversations, and going through their work book.

4. My students are so kind and gracious and thoughtful and sweet. One of them, called Honey, took me to a floating market and to Thailand's wax museum. She shared her time and family with me and some of my teammates. it was such a privilege to get to know her and her husband and 2 year-old son. Honey is one of the most hospital people I may have ever met. And the Aor, she is also very thoughtful. She wrote my name for me and thai and gave it to me on a cute piece of paper. And then Ple, she bought me some sweet taramind things to eat today. They are all so thoughtful. And older than me too. I will post pics up eventually. ;)

5. Right now, I am pretty tired. I did not get a lot of sleep because of a late meeting after coming back from lat krabang. I feel that I also am getting a little sick. So I'm trying my best to take care of myself. No more thai coffee drinks and fried food. :'( and junk food. :(((

6. There is so much more that I want to elaborate on. But I might be on the internet for DAYS. lol.

7. I feel a little misplaced right now. I have mixed feelings abotu Beijing. What are they you may ask? Well here they are: I'm wondering if I really did fall in love with the city of Beijing. I truly enjoyed my time there and seriously considered being there for a long-term typa deal. However, now that I think about it... I'm confused because I dont know if that was enough time to do "loving a city" justice. I do miss it though... sigh. But it was only two weeks so. Therefore, I am confused.

8. I really did enjoy my time in Beijing, but I am also enjoying Bangkok too. The people here are so different. It's not a good or bad thing. They are just so considerate. It speaks so much to me on many levels. Shall elaborate on that more some other time.

9. I went and visited a Hmong church on Sunday. Wow that was a breath of fresh air AND really interesting to see Hmong-thai people. They were very energetic and fun. Will elaborate more on this eventually too.

10. Well it's hitting the 1 pm mark, which is the 1 am mark for you. I need to get some things done like take a nap and get some food and lotsa water in me before I leave to lat krabang.

Thanks for reading!!!

11. Prayer requests: my health and the team's health (about 2 have physical injuries [someone came to asia w/ a bad knee and another rolled their ankle], 1 has a poor immune system and needs to watch everything they eat lest they faint, and 2 others are still recovering from a nasty cough/sore throat). Also pray for team unity, for peace since we all have hectic schedules and mainly for us to do His will.

Thanks!!!!

No comments: