Friday, October 16, 2009

Message I sent to followers in Danielle In Asia Time facebook group...

Hey all--

I just wanted to run an update to you all. This will be the first of many, so if you don't like receiving these updates, please leave the group. :) No hard feelings at all. I understand that getting all those crazy notes are super annoying sometimes! But fyi, I only look forward to noting you all no more than once or twice a week. But for fuller or more updates, yall can check out the blog @ http://daniellelor.blogspot.com.

Anyhoo, there's isn't much to update about. But here they go:

-I am sick. I have an inkling that it is NOT H1N1, but I could be in denial. :) Honestly though I think it's just a soar throat/cold and I hope it passes away VERY SOON. It's very annoying... So please pray for me and my whole team. There are some people that are way more sick than I am on the team. :\ If we dont pass a good "health" test when we arrive in China, then my whole team might get quarantined for two weeks for the fear of us Americans passing on the contagious H1N1.....

-Classes are over. I still have a take-home final and a paper to finish though... maybe one more assignment. Please pray for motivation.

-Done packing. At least I hope so. I really do not want to open up my suitcase and add more stuff. I just want to take things out of it instead...I feel like all the clothes I brought really arent going to do me well because I really dont know what to expect to be wearing overseas...

-I have this really cool transformer digital watch. I bought it the other day for only 5 bucks. It was on clearance. Pretty sweet deal. The best part is that I can "transform" the cover that opens up to show the time underneath. It can be Optimus prime, bumble bee, or the red icon that represents transformers... I think i lost optimus prime though... he fell off some where.

-So many crazy Thailand opportunities have come up for me. Already two people have an interest in what I feel like I can be doing in Thailand in the future to come. Crazy huh? And TWO is A LOT for me... The field director of OMF Thailand wants to meet with me in Bangkok and talk. Wow....

-I leave on Monday @ 11:30 am. Please come bid me farewell @ NWC, Robertson Student Center. Keep in mind I wont be able to chat with you for like 20/30 minutes. So come early to say good bye to me and the others! :)

-First place we're heading is Beijing. From Mpls, there will be a 12 hour flight to Tokyo. Then from Tokyo there will be like 2/3 hour flight to Beijing. One of the first things we're going to be doing in Beijing is the "Amazing Race." Lol. Our host is going to pair us up with Chinese university students and have us run ALL OVER the city of Beijing and race eachother by doing a scavenger hunt or something of the sort... hahaha. Oh man that's going to be REALLY interesting....

-and lastly... the thing I keep reminding myself of is that I will see ASIANS EVERYWHERE... wowzers.... I will definitely have to get used to that. I need to spend like an hour sitting down on a random bench and just people watch and soak it all in......

-That's all for now!!! Sorry for burdening you! Feel free to comment/ask questions, etc.

No comments: