Thursday, September 24, 2009

Moolah

According to my calculations, I have about three more weeks to raise $2000 for the internship. Crazy huh? So if you, rare stranger that never likely reads my blog, would so kindly like to donate, please send me an email to dzlor@students.nwc.edu and we can talk. :)

Anyway, not much to update about though. Met with the miss that is hosting us in China the other day. That was interesting. She's very forward and bold. And I definitely saw how she understood the Chinese culture from her own pov.

Anyhoo, the schedule of our time in China looks great, although I have mixed feelings about seeing the Great Wall... since the books we've been reading feel so strongly about Christians not taking "vacations." We'll see; this will have to be another conversation with the team. Nonetheless, everything seems so much more real now, now that there is an itinerary schedule. I am most nervous and yet excited about the concept of "the amazing race" we'll be doing in Beijing with university students. Lol, I can see myself already stressing out yet marveling at everything I see (i.e. the excessive amount of Asian people around me lol--not something you see everyday in the U.S.).

Yesterday we met the Indehars. They are on furlough from Thailand. That was fun because they have such inviting personalities, and I can totally see how they both complement one another as husband and wife. Learned a few thai phrases. Sa wat dee ka is how a female would say hello. :) It was good talking to them also just cuz it also makes things more real too. They talked about Santisuk, the english school that I'll be teaching at. I'm getting more and more nervous now that I think about it.

Anyway, I must be about doing homework. Sigh. Please though, please feel free to donate some money for my funds! Thank you.

-Danielle

P.S. Here's another pic of the team. I feel that I am really developing friendships with a few of the girls that aren't Hmong, and I am so excited about it. I truly feel that these girls genuinely care and are real. But of course, that's just me interpreting things my way :P.

No comments: