Sunday, January 10, 2010

Plans ahead.

I want to accomplish so many things within this next semester and next year. I feel as if school is actually motivating me to do it, even if I don't want to be going to school. But it's nice to have "something" to do. I fear that if I wasn't going to school or didn't work or anything, I would just waste life away at home, doing nothing. At least when you're doing something, it makes you think about what you would really like to be doing.

After B Study today, I was encouraged to start more individual-small group B Studies with some girls in my youth group and with some of my own friends. I want to start book clubs and everything with Christians that are yearning for more. Etc etc. With knowledge does come responsibility, and I want to really get into action with all the things I'm learning/the things I now know.

Reading all these stories inspire me to life as I once saw it before when I was an innocent freshman in college: I can do anything if I truly believe in myself. Of course the Lord is the foundation of that. But anyway, I realized that I don't think like that anymore. Fears, pain, rejection, doubts and many other things cloud up my mind, discouraging many of us from taking risks and going after our dreams. I SO want to chase after my dreams. But questions eat me up and I throw it and put it back in my head, locked up in a file drawer some where.

But lately, I've jsut been so inspired to do so many things, even if I mess up. I want to spill out all the things I want to do but honestly I don't want to reveal them yet for several reasons. (I have no idea who reads these blogs :P) But anyway, the books I've been reading have been the true inspiration. They really call for action. I would suggest that you read them yourselves.

Current book I'm reading is called Everyday Justice: The Global Impact of Our Daily Choices by Julie Clawson. It gives a very general background about many things that we use/do everyday--garbage, food, coffee, clothes, gas, etc. It also gives us the scoop on the means of how these things land in our hands...and the means isn't always a pretty picture. I suggest you guys read it, and trust me, if you open your heart and eyes, you would definitely be inspired to act and create some change.

Here's to me opening my ears and trusting in the H.S. to simply guide me on this journey.

No comments: