Thursday, August 13, 2009

Asia

Well this is my first attempt and blog that will be about my internship in Azia --> specifically China, Thailand, Singapore and another special place in Southeast Asia that will remain undisclosed due to certain factors (and those factors shall also remain undisclosed--oh the suspense!).

Anyhoo, it is only the 13th of August. Obviously I am not in Azia yet but am still in the middle of the states, being my lazy American self. Sigh. Although it's about two months before I leave, I am a nervous wreck--trying to think about all that needs to still be done for the internship and how unprepared/untrained I am.

Examples: I have yet to read about the places that I am going to, and I have yet to even study the languages!!! GAH. Not to mention the biggest elephant in my mind is--am I spiritually ready to go? Honestly, I feel that I am not. I don't know why. Well, I know why but... I can see now that I may just be a stereotypical short-termer that goes overseas and just gets prepared spiritually but then kerpluncks as soon as she arrives back at home.

Am I not an alien to even the U.S.? Last I read... I am not of this world. I suppose I havent been reading that part of the scriptures for the past year or so.

Apathy. This generation is drowning in it and my, how it is pulling me in.

OKAY SO ENOUGH ABOUT ME, and more about the internship. May I give you all a fair warning that this blog will DEFINITELY include much of my emotions. Lol. I can try to tell you about the things I will be/am doing, but alla that will somehow interweave with my feelings, emotions, reflection, (and LOTS of randomness) etc.

[My brother has cramps right now and it's scaring me because I feel like he may be pms-ing... never have I seen anyone in such pain other than the times when my cramps attack me with vengeance like none other, and I feel as if I am going to faint as knives are tearing the muscles around my stomach apart. Essentially, I feel like I am giving birth. I think that's what my brother is going through.]

Anyway. About the internship. I am so excited and yet (like mentioned before) very nervous. Within the next two weeks, I just wanna follow up and possibly send out more letters to everyone about helping me out. School's gonna also be starting by then. Crazy! :) Sigh. It'll all work out and be okay I hope.

I think the place I am most excited to be is Bangkok. Wow. Thailand. Ever since I was about 11 years old I have always wanted to go to the country my parents found refuge in (althoug refugee camps aint the best places to really be free). Too bad I probably wont be able to go to Chiangmai. But oh well.

Anyhoo, I'm just excited to be there because we'll actually stay for a month and really be engulfed in the culture (as much as is possible in one month, lol). Not only that, but I really hope to get to know my students as well. And honestly, I hate admitting this, but you know what? It is inevitable. But I cant wait to get a good slap in my face of how simple and glorious the Gospel is...I cant wait for a revival in my soul when I tell people about how good God was to me when He chose me.

Ah. I have a lot to think about. Yeah. Well, I hope that's enough for now in this first blog. I'm gonna go and give Jenni a call back and assist my brother in his contractions.

No comments: